Apple & Walnut Muffins
These apple & walnut muffins are so light and fluffy, that they will keep you coming back for more. The red gala apples are the hero in this recipe, and pair incredibly with the walnuts. Perfect to add to the kid’s lunchboxes or as an afternoon snack, they’re great to keep on hand during busy weeks.
Gluten-Free, Dairy Free, Paleo Friendly | Prep Time: 15 mins, Baking Time: 25mins
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon EveryOrganics Smoked Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- ½ cup +2 tablespoons Planet Organic maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons Kunara Pack coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Add-Ins and Toppings:
- 2 organic red gala apples, one cubed, and one thinly sliced.
- ½ cup bulk walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with baking paper.
- Sift the almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, kosher salt, and ground cinnamon in a mixing bowl & stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract on a bowl until emulsified.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones and mix until fully combined.
- Fold in the cubed apples.
- Divide the batter evenly in the muffin tin.
- Top each muffin with 3 slices of apples and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until the top of the muffins turns golden brown.
- Let it cool for 20 minutes before serving.
Share this post with your friends