Smashed Cucumber Salad
Smashed Cucumber Salad with Lemon & Feta Dressing
This salad is a game-changer with crispy cucumbers, zesty lemon, and aromatic dill dressing. It’s fresh, packed full of flavour and simple to make, requiring less than 8 ingredients. The technique of smashing cucumbers adds a fun texture and helps the cucumbers absorb all the fantastic flavours. Enjoy as is or serve beside your favourite protein source!
Recipe by @geneschesser
Gluten-free | Serves 2 – 4
- 1 large cucumber
- ⅓ cup Barambah Organic Feta (Or DF alternative)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup roasted Flannerys OWN Pine Nuts
- ¼ cup roughly chopped dill
- Slice the cucumber in half and in half again, lengthways. Using the back of your palm, on top of the knife, firmly press to ‘smash’ the cucumbers. Slice diagonally and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the feta, lemon juice, olive oil and black pepper. Mix gently to combine.
- Add the smashed cucumbers, pine nuts and dill to the bowl of feta and mix gently, ensuring to coat every cucumber piece with flavour.
- Serve and top with extra pine nuts, dill and olive oil if desired. Dig in and enjoy!
- I have omitted salt in this recipe due to the saltiness of the feta, however, feel free to season to your taste!
- This salad is best eaten fresh but can last in an airtight container for 4 days.
Share this post with your friends