Low Fodmap Sticky Marinated Chicken Breast
Looking for a creative way to use EveryMite? Try this Sticky Marinated Chicken Breast for a tasty alternative. This is a low FODMAP recipe if using the low FODMAP specific measurements noted below.
Recipe by: @fooddesignstudio
Servings: 2 | Low FodMap | RSF | Time: 30mins
- 2 organic chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Everymite Fodmap Friendly Superspread
- ¼ cup maple syrup (or 2 tbsp for low FODMAP)
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 cup rice of your choice, cooked as per the packet instructions
- 1 small broccoli, florets removed and steamed (the stems are not low FODMAP)
- ½ avocado, stone removed and sliced into wedges (30g portion for low FODMAP)
The riper the avocado, the higher it is in FODMAPS.
- Fresh lime wedges
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds (optional)
- Fresh salad leaves (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees bake.
- Place one chicken breast onto a clean chopping board or plate and place your hand on the top side. Using a sharp knife, carefully slice the chicken breast in half horizontally. You will end up with 2 thin breasts and cut the cooking time down rapidly by doing this. Repeat this process with the second chicken breast.
- In a large bowl combine the marinade ingredients, olive oil, garlic, Everymite, maple syrup and black pepper. Add the chicken breasts to the marinade and coat well. Set aside to marinade whilst the oven continues to heat to temperature.
- When the oven is at temperature, place the chicken breast onto a large oven tray and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- At 10 minutes brush the remaining marinade over the top of the chicken breast and continue to cook for another 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken to a clean chopping board and slice. Serve on a bed of cooked rice, with steamed broccoli, fresh avocado and a squeeze of fresh lime.
Share this post with your friends