Spring Pea Pesto Pizza
Nothing says springtime quite like beautiful green garden peas, fresh lemon and herbs. This Spring Pea Pesto Pizza is a delicious way to eat your greens!
Packed with nutrients and a little bit of tang, this pizza is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Perfect for entertaining, this is an ideal recipe to try this long weekend.
Recipe by: @fooddesignstudio
serves: 2 pizzas | time: 15 minutes | vegetarian, gluten free
Pea Pesto Ingredients
- 200g Elgin Organic Frozen Garden Peas
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled (more if you like a more garlic tasting pesto)
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh mint sprigs
- 100g pine nuts
- 100g parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 packet Gluten Freedom Fancier Sourdough Pizza Bases (2x pizza bases)
- 90-180g feta
- 1 zucchini, peeled into thin ribbons
- Edible flowers and fresh rocket to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 250°C. Meanwhile, place all pesto ingredients into a food processor or high-speed blender and blend until chunky but combined.
- Spread the pesto generously over the 2 pizza bases. Top with the zucchini ribbons, and extra frozen peas and crumble the feta over the pizzas.
- Drizzle with olive oil and bake on metal trays in the oven for 8-12 minutes. To get a nice even bake, turn the pizzas 180 degrees about halfway through the bake.
- Garnish the pizzas with edible flowers and fresh rocket.
Share this post with your friends