Dry July: Monday Distillery Vanilla and Pear “Gin” Fizz Mocktail
If you’re partaking in Dry July, or just looking for ways to cut back – Monday Distillery provides us with so many incredible, non-alcoholic options. In this recipe, the vanilla bean infuses into the pear syrup and you are able to control how much sugar you add. This mocktail can be as sweet or tart as you would like it to be.
Whip up this non-alcoholic Pear and Vanilla ‘Gin’ Fizz from @fooddesignstudio
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pears
- 1/4 cup sugar of your choice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 vanilla bean pod
- 300mls @mondaydistillery Classic ‘Gin’ & Tonic (1 bottle)
- 4 tablespoons of the pear and vanilla syrup (see below)
- 1/2 a small pear thinly sliced for garnish
1. Place the chopped pears into a small high speed blender and blend into a puree.
2. Pour the puree into a small saucepan, adding the sugar, water and vanilla bean pod. Place over a low – medium heat on the stovetop. Consistently stir for 10 minutes allowing the flavours to infuse.
3. Remove from the heat, pour into a heat proof glass and place in the fridge to cool down for 30 minutes.
4. When the syrup has cooled, add ice to your glass, 2 tablespoons of the syrup to each glass and top with Monday G & T. Stir to combine.
5. Garnish with a thinly sliced pear halve and edible flowers.
Share this post with your friends