Baked Bean Shakshuka
Impress mum with this super simple yet fresh and healthy cooked breakfast this Mother’s Day. Baked beans and eggs – Yes please! Add some extra spices to create a Middle Eastern feel? A bigger yes please!
Serves: 2-3 people
Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2x 400g cans Ceres Organics Baked Beans
- 1/4 cup tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Dash of chilli powder to your liking
- 3-6 eggs
- Gluten Freedom Bread, toasted
- Mixed salad leaves or spinach
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, stone removed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 lime, halved or sliced into wedges
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees bake.
- In a large frypan cook the garlic in the olive oil over low heat until fragrant.
- Add the cans of baked beans, tomato puree and all of the spices and turn the temperature up to medium heat. Simmer on medium stirring occasionally for 5-10 minutes.
- Crack the eggs into the baked bean mixture and place them in the oven for 5 minutes or until the eggs are poached.
- Using two tea towels, carefully remove the frying pan from the oven and place it on a wooden chopping board to cool and thicken for 10 minutes.
- Decorate the Shakshuka with the salad leaves, coriander, tomato, avocado and lime. Sprinkle with freshly cracked pepper and serve with toasted and buttered bread.
Share this post with your friends