Dirty Rose Biscuits
Serves: Makes 9 biscuits
VEGAN | DAIRY FREE | EGG-FREE | GLUTEN FREE (Optional)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 10-13 minutes
These vegan cookies are soft, chewy and just a little bit fancy with the delicious flavour of Turkish delight. I swear they taste just as good as butter filled and sugar-loaded biscuits and will keep your vegan and egg-free friends very happy.
If you haven’t experimented with Loving Earth’s wonderful flavours of vegan chocolate, you are missing out. In these biscuits, we have used Dirty Rose bars instead of regular chocolate chips. Seriously, so delicious! Also, nutritionally far superior to regular chocolate!
Whether you are vegan or not, give these delicious biscuits a go. Also, try experimenting with other flavours of Loving Earth just swap out the rose water for vanilla essence, mint extract or orange extract, depending on what flavour chocolate you choose!
Recipe by Laura Scherian
- 1/3 cup OWN coconut oil
- ½ cup OWN rapadura sugar
- 2 tsp. Chefs Choice rose water
- 1/8 cup plant-based milk
- 1 ½ cups OWN white spelt flour (substitute for gluten-free flour if required)
- ½ cup OWN almond meal
- ½ tsp. Bob’s Red Mill baking powder
- ½ tsp. Bob’s Red Mill baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup OWN pistachios, roughly chopped (optional)
- 90g Loving Earth dirty rose chocolate, 2 blocks, roughly chopped.
- Preheat oven to 180o Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, or a hand mixer, cream the coconut oil and sugar together on high for 1 minute.
- Add the rose water and almond milk, mix until well combined.
- At low to medium speed, blend in flour and almond meal slowly. Next, add in baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Finally, add chopped pistachios and chocolate and mix through with a spatula.
- Place heaped tablespoons of cookie dough onto a prepared tray, about 2 inches apart. Using a fork, flatten biscuits, forming a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until the edges are slightly browned.
- Remove cookies from the oven and place on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
Share this post with your friends