Gluten Free Jam Drops
These gluten-free jam drops are for all those gluten-intolerant individuals out there, who since being diagnosed have missed out on their Grandma’s Jam Drops! This may be a little dramatic but if you have a gluten intolerant friend or family member that has a sweet tooth, you will know what I am talking about.
These biscuits may not be the most nutritionally nourishing. I can, however, guarantee they will be nourishing to the soul. The smell of these Jam Drops cooking is nostalgic. These old-fashioned biscuits will bring joy to your family and friends, with the added benefit of being gluten-free and egg-free. If you need to make them dairy-free as well, substitute the butter for a dairy-free spread!
Recipe by Laura Scherian
Gluten-free | Vegetarian
MAKES: 12-15 biscuits
PREP: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 15 minutes
- 1 cup Orgran self-raising flour
- ½ cup Orgran custard powder
- 1 cup OWN desiccated coconut
- ½ cup OWN organic raw sugar
- 1 Orgran ‘No egg’ (combine 1tsp. Orgran egg replacer & 2 Tbsp. water)
- 125g True-Organic butter, melted
- ½ cup St Dalflour raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 180oC and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine flour, custard powder, desiccated coconut and sugar. Add egg replacer and butter then mix with a wooden spoon until a dough is formed.
- Roll into balls, then use your thumbs to create a small imprint in the middle of each cookie. Then, spoon a teaspoon of jam into each cookie.
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes or until they start to get a golden edge.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes, then place on a cooling rack to cool completely.
Share this post with your friends