Vego + Coconut Homemade Easter Eggs
Gluten free | dairy free | refined sugar free | vegan
Prep: 10 mins
Set: 1 hr
Simple and easy homemade Easter eggs treat! These coconut Easter eggs are the perfect little gift this Easter! Avoid the nasties that are found in store bought Easter eggs and treat yourself to these, its hard to stop at just one!
- 1 VEGO chocolate bar
- 1 cup OWN shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp OWN coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup or Rice Malt syrup (we used maple)
- Add coconut, maple & 1 tbsp of coconut oil to a blender and combine.
- Roll mixture into small desired egg shapes (ours made 12) and place in freezer to set.
- Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a small pot and melt VEGO chocolate bar (be sure to keep an eye on this and do over a very low heat so you do not burn.)
- Remove eggs from freezer and dip each egg in melted chocolate and return to freezer to set.
- If you have quite a bit of chocolate left, you can tip it into moulds to make mini chocolates!
- Optional – dust with desiccated coconut
Recipe by Emily Smith
Share this post with your friends