Sriracha Prawn and Potato Cakes
Who would have thought the humble potato could be so tasty? These Sriracha Prawn & Potato Cakes are so easy and will leave your family and guests wanting more. They are a little bit fancy and fun way to incorporate some local seafood into your diet.
Gevity Rx Sriracha mayonnaise is the hero of this recipe. Not only does it add all the flavour into these fluffy little cakes of potato, but it is also great for you. Made with Gevity Rx Body Glue Bone Broth, it is great for gut health, as well as being high in prebiotic fibre and additive free. Check out the rest of the range from Gevity Rx on their website or come in-store!
For a gluten-free option ensure your crumbs and flour are gluten-free. If you require these potato cakes to be egg-free use Orgran egg substitute. Also, if you are not too keen on prawns, get creative and switch them for something else. Salmon is also delicious or cooked and diced vegetables work a treat for a bubble and squeak option.
Recipe by Laura Scherian of Shez’s Kitchen
MAKES: approximately 20 (depending on size)
COOK TIME: 10 minutes
- 3 medium organic potatoes (700-800g), cooked, roughly mashed and cooled
- 250g Noosa Seafood Market prawn meat, diced
- ¼ cup Gevity Rx Sriracha mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. organic chives, chopped
- 3 organic eggs or the equivalent of Orgran egg substitute
- ½ cup organic spelt flour, use a gluten-free substitute if required
- ½-1 cup Orgran rice crumbs or other bread crumbs of your choice
- coconut oil for shallow frying
- salt and pepper
- Place mashed potato in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Lightly beat 1 egg and stir through potato with prawn meat, Gevity RX siriracha mayonnaise and chives.
- Roll into desired patty size and chill in fridge for 30 minutes. A little tip, dampen your hands it will help stop the mixture from sticking to them.
- Lightly beat remaining two eggs and place in a shallow bowl. Place breadcrumbs and flour in shallow bowls as well.
- Dust each potato cake in flour first, then dip in eggs and coat in crumbs. Cover and chill in fridge for another 30 minutes.
- Heat coconut oil, equivalent to about 2cm in depth, in fry pan over medium heat. Cook cakes in small batches for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown and place on paper towel to drain. Alternatively, use an air fryer. Serve with extra Gevity RX Sriracha mayonnaise.
Share this post with your friends